Monday, February 18, 2008

Bittersweet victory

11:58pm - 2 email messages from boot campers not coming on Monday. 1 is sick, the other just won't be there. 4:02 am - 8 more messages came in overnight. 8 more campers not coming.

Why does this upset me so? I don't know, I guess it's because I know what is coming on Monday. Maybe it's because I think that midway is the best day of the month. I am positive it is because I love to see people reach their goals. To blast away preconceived notions that they are not runners and that they are out of shape. I love to show people that THEY CAN DO IT. That they can run faster and in only two weeks.

But this morning was bittersweet. Everyone that showed up beat their initial times as predicted. Why can I say that with such confidence? Because The American Boot Camp Company's program works. No that is not bragging, just plain fact. The unique style of high end customer service combined with corporate training for our instructors combined with a blend of workouts designed to constantly push each camper out of their comfort zone - every day. The program works. And it works every time. I just like to take one day a month to show that off. To really win the new campers over.

And it makes me sad when I don't get that opportunity. When campers are sick or injured or just can't make it. Those people I understand. It is the people that pay their money and don't respond to emails or don't make the effort to make the program a priority. It makes me sad.

I really and truly wish that every day, everyone would be as in love with boot camp as I am. I just want to show every person in America that they have more in them than they believe. I want to show them that I believe in them and that together progress is a given. I live to inspire the beginner to start moving, to push the intermediate to the next level and to show the true competitor that life is just beginning in their 40's. Today 15 people saw that with a lot of hard work, careful attention to what they put into their body in terms of food and beverage and some positive motivation from a group of awesome instructors that in only two weeks they could become better.

I just wish that all 33 could have seen that today. So I guess I will just have to show up tomorrow and try and drag it out of them.

No comments: