Sunday, March 2, 2008

A sign of things to come or a missed opportunity

So as I come to the end of the first chapter in this new adventure of expanding The American Boot Camp Company, I found it only fitting that I take a run in Rocky's footsteps up the down the avenue and up the stairs of the Philadelphia Museum. Rocky's statue isn't standing at the top any more, but rather off to the side. What I did find at the top was rather ironic.

As I ran up the stairs making sure to hit each step just like I tell my boot camers, turning over my feet faster with every set of stairs, I thought about the movie that was made there and the recognition that the city received from one single scene. And as I completed the last flight, sure enough I looked up and there was a group of people in a down dog position with two men standing over them calling out commands. A boot camp. Sunday morning, 6:50AM.

And all of a sudden the thoughts of opportunity returned to my head along with thoughts of missed opportunity. Am I too late? Have I missed the boat? Or is this a sign of things to come? Where being outdoors on a 30 degree morning isn't just for us crazy people, but a way of life?

I sure do hope that the future holds more Sunday morning boot camps, many of which are called The American Boot Camp Company.

HOOHAH! Can't wait to get back to Atlanta.

No comments: