Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Courage

Today one of my favorite clients told me that 'my courage to follow my dreams' gave her a new purpose in life. And as I head back out on the road again, I realize that courage is definately needed everyday in my life. This journey is a scary one and a very lonely one. Even though I see people every day and it always seems like there are many people around me, it isn't so. I am not sure that anyone I know understands what is happening. I know there are others out there in my same boat, but in my circles they don't get it.

I am only 32. I'm a kid, really. I know that, but I can't admit it every day or I'd get bulldosed. Most people my age are having babies (as I am reminded every day) and going on vacation with their families. Not me. My business is my baby and my very patient husband bides his time on the couch while I follow my dream. It's not glamourous or much fun these days. Just alot of lonely work.

It's during weeks like the past couple when I question if I have enough courage to reach my goals. Alot of people think so. Deep down, I know so. But so did that crazy lion. Let's hope my yellow brick road appears soon.

No comments: