Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Food for the spirit

Every day I educate my outdoor fitness participants about the importance of fueling their bodies with the proper nutrition. Today as I watched the womans gymastic competition that I TIVOed from last night, I remembered why the olympic competition is so important to our country and to me. I watched the faces of each young American athlete filled with determination, their nerves like steel and their bodies trained for perfection. And I thought about their paths to the Olympics. They are so young, yet they sacrifice all semblance of normal lives to reach those goals and live their dreams. Many of them don't go to regular school, or workout like regular people. Their training is their life. As an American, living my American dream, I understand that drive as many entrepreneurs do. And I am inspired by it. The dedication of these athletes and sheer will to win nourishes my spirit and reminds me to keep working hard . So today and for the rest of the month, I will watch the Olympics and take every bit of inspiration and fuel that my spirit can handle and I will put that in every thing I do. I challenge every American to do the same! Ladies and gents of the 2008 Olympic team, thanks for the inspiration!

No comments: